Monday, February 09, 2004

My big accomplishment this weekend, besides managing to sit through both Country Cuzzins and The Pigkeeper’s Daughter: moving a new queen-size bed into my bedroom. Well, not new exactly; my landlady was getting rid of it for reasons unknown to me and I took it off her hands. This task first involved manhandling my old bed out of the room and into the spare room, which I guess can now officially be considered the guest room. My phantom roommate will no doubt be pleased.

One problem with the new bed: it’s a little high for my poor doggie. He used to be able to make a running jump onto the bed, but this one’s a bit tougher. So I attempted to do some dog training yesterday. I was trying to explain the method by which he could first jump up onto a box at the foot of the bed, then make the transition to the bed itself. This was not as easy as I'd imagined. I figured I’d show him once and he’d get the hang of it, as he is a smart little guy. He didn’t seem too impressed with my demonstration, though. I thought I might have to cover the box in a tasty meat sauce or something, but I think he had his own plan already in mind, because later in the day he managed to get up there on his own.

Wasn’t that fascinating? Maybe tonight I’ll do the dishes and write about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home