Friday, January 14, 2005

50 Book Challenge

Apparently all the cool bloggers are doing the 50 book challenge, so I reckon I’ll get in on that action, thus simultaneously bettering myself as a reader and as a blogger. Here are some rules from someone who did this a year ago. I would add this: if I read something really embarrassing, it doesn’t count (since I won’t want to admit to it here). Another rule: if I started it last year but finish it this year, it counts. Hey, 50 is a lot! The younger me could have done it easily, but the present-day me has DVDs and videogames and the Internets. So that brings me to my first entry:

1. The Prince of Providence by Mike Stanton



It’s the story of colorful ex-mayor of Providence Buddy Cianci, who presided over the renaissance of that city whilst lining his pockets and beating the occasional foe about the head with an ashtray. As such, it should be a page-turner, but alas, such is not the case. It’s a juicy tale, but the book is decidedly juiceless. Apparently David Mamet is making the movie. I guess the Farrelly brothers were busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home