Monday, June 21, 2004

Best Buy rants seem to be all the rage these days, so I thought I’d chime in with my own (still in progress). Last weekend I had a CD player installed in my car at the local Best Buy. A day or two later while tooling around town, I tried to use my air conditioner. Nothing happened. Now, my a/c doesn’t exactly refrigerate the car even under the best conditions (which are at night; during the day the greenhouse effect pretty much cancels it out), but I still need the damn a/c, if only for its defogging capabilities. I brought it back on Saturday, and the guy who had installed it gave me the runaround for a few minutes. First he claimed that he had tried the a/c after installation and it worked, but that dog wasn’t gonna hunt. Then he tried to put me off for a few hours, saying other cars were ahead of me in line. Well, that was reasonable on the day I had it installed (I killed the time next door at the multiplex watching Troy) but since this new problem was their fault, I didn’t see any reason I should have to wait again (this time I would have been stuck with Dodgeball).

So the guy went to work on it and eventually figured out that the switch was broken, something that presumably happened while he was taking the dashboard apart or putting it back together. He tried to jerry-rig it with some new springs, but that didn’t work. So he said he’d order a switch and then come in on his day off to fix it. (Hey, nice try with the guilt trip, but I’m the one driving around in the Texas heat with no a/c, dude.)

Then, driving around yesterday, I realized the radio now doesn’t work. So I dunno, I guess this guy disconnected the antenna or something while not fixing my air conditioner. It’s becoming a bigger pain in the ass by the minute. Anyway, I gave the guy two days to call me, which he hasn’t done. So I just called and left him a message. Stay tuned for further developments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home