Tuesday, January 20, 2004

It sure was sporting of Dick Gephardt to drop out of the Presidential race so quickly, since I kept forgetting he was running anyway. Now I can only hope Joe Lieberman gets shellacked in New Hampshire and follows Gephardt’s lead. The quicker that horrid little gnome is out of my life, the better. I can’t say I’m displeased with the Iowa results – not that I have anything in particular against Dean or for Kerry, but I’ll take whatever little traces of democracy I can get at this point. I get tired of the whole concept of a front-runner we’re all supposed to line up behind months before anyone has even cast a vote. A real four-way battle between Dean, Clark, Kerry and Edwards over the next few weeks would add some much-needed juice to this dreary campaign. (I know Kucinich and Sharpton are technically still in it too, but I’m trying to confine my fantasies to planet Earth.) Let’s see who (if anyone) really has the fire for this thing. A Bush re-election may be inevitable, but maybe one of these dweebs can surprise us yet.

(Wasn’t that insightful and well-reasoned? This is why we don’t do politics often here on Moonshine Mountain.)

In other news, check out our latest link, the comprehensive website for the emperor and empress of North Adams, Mass.: John’s Library of Skulls. They got writin’ and pitchers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home