Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I should have known no good could come of this blog-tagging business, as I have now been tagged by Big Red Blog. The concept seems to be “8 Things You Don’t Know About Me.”



8. I have been to all of the lower 48 states except Florida. There is no good reason for this. I don’t have any sort of Florida vendetta. I would like to see the Everglades and rassle a gator. I’d like to swim with dolphins and go to Disney World and run afoul of the Miami vice. Just haven’t done it.

7. In the sixth grade spelling bee, I purposely misspelled ‘prairie’ because I badly had to urinate. If only I’d taken care of business beforehand, I really think I had a shot at winning that thing.

6. My grandfather on my mother’s side was a magician and he was at the battle of Iwo Jima. But not at the same time.

5. As a child, I wrote and drew my own comic books. I like to think my writing has improved since then, but I fear my drawing has not. One of my comic books was Bat-Pink. Bat-Pink was the Pink Panther in a Batman costume. He had adventures. I also did a comic book sequel to Jaws set in an underwater city of the future. I don’t have it anymore, but I’m fairly certain it was better than at least two of the actual Jaws sequels.

4. According to the Oracle of Bacon, I am three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon. This can be done two ways: I was in Apocalypse Bop with Jenni Pulos, who was in Hairshirt with Neve Campbell, who was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon. Also, I was in What I Like About You with Brent Mitchell, who was in Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock, who was in Loverboy with Kevin Bacon.

3. I once walked down the Vegas strip with my pants around my ankles. But I did it for art.

2. I never had an egg cream.

1. I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Since most of those I tagged last time never responded, I’m just gonna tag ‘em again. Except substitute Last Visible Blog for Big Red Blog.

5 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never got to Florida on that ill-fated roadtrip you took years ago? The one where you ran out of money, gas, and sunscreen?

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Nope. We did pretty much the whole country except a few Southern states before the money ran out. I have since been to all of those states sans Florida. Fact: Mississippi smells like potato salad.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I went to Florida for the first time this year. It is an odd place - and all this time I thought Carl Hiaasen was exaggerating for effect.

No more backtags for a while my friend.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Phil Dyess-Nugent said...

I too used to make my own comic books, employing a style of artwork that was known at the time as "half-assed," though I now take a great deal of pride in having anticipated the work of James Kochalka. By a striking coincidence, I too made a sequel to "Jaws", though mine was not better than "Jaws 2." I'm not saying it was worse. Actually, when "Jaws 2" came out, it proved to be plagiaristically close to my comic book, though it could be argued that there are only so many ways to do a sequel to "Jaws" if the underwater city concept has already been taken.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey, I didn't say it was better than Jaws 2. But Jaws 3D and Jaws: The Revenge? Maybe. Granted, I didn't have Michael Caine, but I did have my own crudely-drawn Roy Scheider as 70-year-old Sheriff Brody. He actually looked a lot better than the real 70-year-old Roy Scheider.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home