Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh so much work. I need a vacation. And I’m getting one in about a week. Just a few quick notes:

It seems I don’t have to move out right away. In a more lucid moment, my landlady informed me that selling the house is just something she’s considering, and probably won’t get around to until next year. Nonetheless, the wheels are in motion and I don’t want to wait around, so I’m looking to move around October-ish. You know, as soon as it’s not 100 degrees every day.

I took Maury to the vet a couple weeks ago for his yearly shots and whatnot, and they spotted a tooth that was infected. Yesterday I brought him in to have it extracted. This was a whole procedure with anesthesia and IV drips and blood draws and injections and alla that. I’ve never had this much medical care in my life as this dog. As it turns out, they pulled out not one tooth but twelve! His mouth was just a mess, apparently, but he never let me know. So he was really out of it last night and still groggy this morning and probably hurtin’, although he has some nice pain pills. Supposedly he’ll be better than ever in a few days, able to eat solid food and everything. Poor boy.

My review of M. Night Shyamalan’s monumental fiasco The Lady in the Water will run on Friday, but nothing I wrote can improve on this line from the Philadelphia Weekly: “Watching the movie feels a bit like walking in on your roommate while he's masturbating … to a picture of himself.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home