Friday, July 07, 2006

Casual Friday is more like Traumatic Friday today, as Moonshine Mountain is being forced to relocate. I don’t mean the actual blog, which will still be here, I mean the proprietor of said blog, that being me, who has to move. My landlady informs me that she is going to renovate my house and sell it, without me in it. So scramble I must for new living quarters. Is it too soon to take up residence in a retirement community? I think I’m ready for some amenities. Pool, jacuzzi, basketball court, 24-hour on-call masseuse, stuff like that. I’m just not meant to be homeowner in this life, I don’t think.

Anyway, some linkage:

Here is my review of gritty no-budget thriller Cavite

The Eyeball Kid is a Tom Waits blog with news of upcoming tour dates, none of which are anywhere near me.

Salon has a fun little oral history of Slacker.

I guess that’s about it. I’ll do a Deadwood two-fer next week to catch up. As for the Red Sox – well, I know I made fun of it, but can we go back to interleague play? After tying a record by going 16-2 against the National League, the Sawx promptly dropped their first three games against the no-longer lowly Tampa Bay Devil Rays. They did manage to win the finale last night and remain in first place, three games ahead of the Yankees. After a weekend series against the 2005 world champs in Chicago, it’s the All-Star break. I’ll recap it next week from the homeless shelter.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger John said...

We have a basement with your name on it. Never you fear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home