Monday, April 26, 2004

I’m way behind on the updates here, eh?

[sound of crickets chirping]

Let’s see – the kinfolk have departed Moonshine Mountain, but not before a trip to the Alamo, followed by a trip to the Alamo Drafthouse to see The Alamo. (All of this on San Jacinto Day, no less.) Also, some Texas BBQ at the County Line (where the waitress was kind enough to give me a big bag o’ brisket bones for Maury) and James Hand at the Broken Spoke. That’s enough Texas for anyone, I imagine.

Anyway, they departed Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I was slated to participate in a softball game of all things, but it was rained out. However, the accompanying crawfish boil did go on as scheduled. And I thought lobster was a pain in the ass to eat. As much fun as it is to rip the little crawdad heads off, the payoff just don’t seem worth the effort to me. Fortunately there was beer to be drunk, friendly folks to chat with and live music to enjoy (the big crawfish bucket was magically transformed into a handy bass drum – now that’s resourcefulness).

Spent much of my rainy Sunday with mankind’s third greatest achievement, the Freaks and Geeks DVD set. How did I miss this the first time around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home