Friday, November 28, 2003

My grandpappy didn't say much, but he did tell me once, he said, "Boy," he said, "Don't you never eat nothin' that starts with T-U-R-D." Up until now this has been a fairly easy promise to keep, but yesterday was Thanksgiving, and I'll be damned if I didn't eat some turducken. For the uninitiated, turducken is a duck wrapped in a chicken inside an enigma. No, not an enigma - a turkey. That's it. With different types of stuffing between each layer. Mmmmmmmm....turducken. Apparently it takes like 27 hours to cook, but it was worth it, since I didn't cook it. No I merely supplied beer and a pecan pie that went untouched.

But it was a festive occasion all around, with the good people and the good times and the tasty food and the strong drink and the hearty laughter and all that. An unwieldy game of Trivial Pursuit took on a Survivor-like element when two ragtag teams banded together to take out the seemingly unstoppable pink team. Twas a blustery chill night when victory finally arrived.

Maybe I'll have me a slice of that pie and set up the Christmas tree.

(Oops. My Jewish dog Maury has informed me that we'll be calling it a "holiday bush.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home