Friday, October 29, 2004

Moonshine Mountain Endorses John Kerry

Okay, so he may not seem like the most appropriate choice for a blog rooted in moonshine-swilling hillbillies, but Moonshine Mountain is a big tent! We have room for truck drivers, country singers, murderous rednecks, New Jersey mobsters, gravel-throated musicians, scruffy baseball players and patrician Boston politicians! This is my space and these are my interests and you aren't paying for it anyway! So get off my back and go vote for Kerry!

I actually think he's going to win, too. A strange calm has come over me. The Red Sox won the World Series under a lunar eclipse and now the planets are aligned and we have entered a brief window of time where all good things are possible, black is white, up is down, and Bush is on his way back to Crawford. With my apologies for making a VH-1 reference, this really could be the Best Week Ever. Halloween probably plays into this somehow, too. I dunno, I'm babbling now, but we're in some kind of alternate reality and anything could happen.

As far as the Red Sox, I'm not gonna try to wax eloquent. I've been a pretty distant fan for a long time, until the last year or so, so I almost feel guilty about reaping the rewards. I will say I'm most happy for my dad, a long-suffering Sox fan, and for my nieces and nephew, newly minted members of Red Sox Nation who will never have to live with all the angst and futility. A lot has already been written, but here are my favorites:

Wait 'Til This Year

Keys to the World Series

Underdogs, Overjoyed

And the tearjerker:

Win It For

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home