Wednesday, March 26, 2003

My SXSW wrap-up is finally up. I was a little slow getting it together this year. Would have written more about A Mighty Wind, but the powers that be asked that the screening not be reviewed because the print was supposedly unfinished. As it turns out, I'm gonna end up reviewing it for the Star-Telegram anyway. In short, if you like the other mockumentaries by C. Guest and co., you'll probably like this one. I'd rate it higher than Best in Show, lower than Guffman. Fred Willard is once again the secret weapon whenever the energy starts flagging. But I've already said too much, and soon the combined forces of SXSW and Castle Rock Entertainment will descend on my hidden mountain fortress and deliver swift and violent retribution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home